Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today

Last night before we went to bed we started our bagels so we wouldn't have to wait for them to rise when we woke up. So we had this for breakfast:



Then we dropped the boys off at the Y and went for a run. It was good, but after bootcamp yesterday and the run today I can barely move. In fact I was a little afraid to sit down to post tonight! After we got home I started making this for supper. If you haven't had PW's Pot Roast, you need to.

Then, my day just got better. I got to see this girl and her brothers (but the boys move too fast to get a good picture):



Then I made some dinner rolls. (Here's a pic of what's left over. A full pan was gone!)



Then I made potatoes. If you like butter and potatoes this recipe is for you! And they made my baby VERY happy!



Now, it's 9:00, my kitchen is clean and I am ready for bed! And I am NOT cooking tomorrow. But I will share my pizza crust recipe that I promised earlier this week. I used it for last nights muffuletta calzones (which were really good!).

Pizza Crust (adapted from the back of a Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat flour bag)

1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
3 cups bread flour (or you can use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 1 1/2 white or bread flour)
2 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Allow to rest 5 minutes. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour (if using whole wheat and white stir in 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 cup of white flour). Knead in remaining flour by hand, about 5 minutes. (The longer you knead the softer and chewier the crust will be). Spray a medium-sized bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover and allow to rise in warm place 15 minutes. Stretch pizza crust to fit pan (you may make two pizza if using smaller pans). At this point I pre-bake my crust at 425 for 7-10 minutes, then top with desired toppings. Then bake until cheese is melted and crust is brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment