Monday, January 17, 2011

Pizza Pockets



Maybe we could call these 'Mini Pepperoni Calzones' instead. That's really what they are. But my boys wanted to call them 'Pizza Pockets' so that is what I'll call them. These were very simply and tasty. I haven't had a frozen one yet, but I imagine they will be good too.

I used one recipe of my pizza crust (and did half whole wheat flour, half bread flour). After letting the dough rest I rolled it out and cut it with a large round biscuit cutter (about 4"). Then rolled each circle out a little more (to about 5-6 inches in diameter). On each circle I put a teaspoon of pizza sauce, pepperoni and shredded cheese. Then fold the circle in half and pinch the edges to seal. Place each of the pizza pockets on baking sheets and bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. You could put a variety of pizza toppings in your pizza pocket. One recipe made about 2 dozen pizza pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment